[OpenLayers-Dev] Cluster algorithms

Karin Ahlen kahlen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 04:21:50 EST 2011

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I'll give it a try. I
have a question about the dynamic cluster functionality in Openlayers. I
would like to know what algorithms that it's based on. I'm doing a study on
different clustering methods in web-based mapping API's and I haven't been
able to find any information on what theory it is based on (with theory I
mean sequential, hierarchical, cost function optimization or any other
algorithms). Any insight would be very appreciated.

Best regards Karin