[OpenLayers-Dev] Grid Image applyBackBuffer createBackBuffer - Please explain

Tim-Hinnerk Heuer th.heuer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 23:19:03 EDT 2012

Hi,

Working on the VideoWMS, I am a bit stuck now on this (mysterious) back
buffer code. Basically an upgrade of OpenLayers broke my code. I am reading
the code to understand it, but a simple explanation of what it is and does
would be greatly appreciated so that I don't break things accidentally.
Ultimately I would like to get the VideoWMS stuff into the trunk at some
stage and am always merging with master to stay up to date with it here. I
think given some interest it would be a good contribution.

The problem, I think, is that I extended Tile.Image instead of Tile. So,
I'm working on extending Tile instead of the more specific Image class.
However, the Grid class also calls applyBackBuffer and in
turn createBackBuffer on all the Tiles. Should this really be in Grid? What
is done to render the tiles?

Please enlighten me.

Thanks,
Tim