[OpenLayers-Dev] Understanding the restrictedExtent code.

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Thu Feb 2 22:24:07 EST 2012

I am some issue with restrictedExtent (I want to restrict users to north
of 60S). Adding any restrictedExtent immediately changes some aspects of
the code. The first (and most annoying) is that it turns wrapDateLine
off (comments says it doesnt make sense for restrictedExtent). But what
if my opening extent straddles the dateline? What I am finding is that
despite restrictedExtent (minEast/MaxEast) being the same
MaxExtent(minEast/MaxEast), I cant move my view across the 180 - because
wrapDateLine is off. This seems wrong but I wondering why it was put in
the first place? What would be the side effects of commenting out the
"wrapdateLine = false" in the restrictBounds setter?
--
Phil Scadden, Senior Scientist GNS Science Ltd 764 Cumberland St,
Private Bag 1930, Dunedin, New Zealand Ph +64 3 4799663, fax +64 3 477 5232