[OpenLayers-Dev] wrapDateLine overwriting DisplayOutsideMaxExtent

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Feb 6 17:48:49 EST 2012

In layer,js, there is:
         if (this.wrapDateLine) {
             this.displayOutsideMaxExtent = true;
         }

I am not happy with construction - one external property is changing
another rather than the logic used for displayOutsideMaxExtent taking
into account the wrapDateLine property as well.

This is not just programming aethetics - I am looking at way where I can
use maxExtent for layer to restrict which tiles are request,
(displayOutsideMaxExtent = false) even when maxExtent does cross
dateline (or my case at where I want to restrict N/S limits).