[OpenLayers-Dev] Firefox and canvas, strange behavior

Frederic Junod frederic.junod at camptocamp.com
Fri Feb 17 04:26:39 EST 2012

Hello all,

I'm trying to create a demo to shows the new canvas capabilities in
OpenLayers [1].
The attached example loads a basic OSM layer and turns the tiles into
grayscale. This works great with Chrome 16 and 18; even IE9 displays
the layer correctly [2].

But I can't make it work with FireFox 10: the tiles are still in color
(and in the wrong position). Using firebug, I see that the img src are
correct (data url in base64).

Repaint bug? src size limitation?

Any advice welcome

fredj

[1] https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/commit/ad201f3a80827f8189d9d798fb8c93fe67fd8865
[2] With IE9, a local proxy must be created, this comments inside the
attached file.

--
Frédéric Junod
Camptocamp SA