[OpenLayers-Dev] website

Peter Robins openlayers at peterrobins.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 16:50:58 EST 2012

On 5 January 2012 17:55, Tim Schaub <tschaub at opengeo.org> wrote:
> In terms of API versus dev docs, the API docs describe things we
> promise will only change with a new major version.  The developer docs
> include things that you should not be relying on for stability.  I

hm, yes, I ought to know that :-(
As in http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/wiki/Documentation where the
links all seem to link directly to OpenLayer-js.html.

I took a look for the source for the dev.openlayers.org page but
couldn't find it anywhere. I'm wondering whether it still serves a
purpose. Does there still need to be a link to the sandboxes? Are the
nightly builds still created?

Another thing I find a bit confusing (I can never remember which way
round it is) is that the apidocs are on dev.openlayers.org, whereas
the examples are in openlayers.org/dev/ Perhaps it would be better to
standardise on one or the other.