[OpenLayers-Dev] need a website application developer

cfortune chris.fortune at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 19:37:07 EST 2012

Hello all,

I'm developing a social networking website in PHP, with a central geo map
component.  I need custom coding to make it look and behave similar to
Google Maps.  For example, in addition to zoom, nice terrain graphics,
street names and such, we need the ability to add a photo / multimedia layer
(with stacking image thumbnails & other icons).   Clicking on an icon would
fetch appropriate content from the server, via ajax, displayed in a popup
div containing html content.  User could save buffers of locations and
zoom level.   Hide/ unhide layers.   et cetera....

After investigating the various OSGeo projects, I believe that OpenLayers is
the best fit, since it is server-agnostic.  Drupal has also been suggested.
I will need experienced javascript programmer(s), experienced in OpenLayers
application programming.

There will also be alot of other javascript UX programming.   We will need a
programmer to provide the PHP programming to service the ajax calls, too, if
that is up your alley (or your company's).

If you are a capable and experienced programmer in this arena, and you are
looking for work, please contact me.   Or, if you know of such a person,
please
forward this message.

many thanks in advance,
Chris Fortune