[OpenLayers-Dev] 2.11 sketchstarted - new event?

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Thu Mar 8 12:15:51 EST 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Richard Greenwood
<richard.greenwood at gmail.com> wrote:
> Earlier this week there was discussion about the 2.11 change in
> behavior of the of the sketchstarted event.
>
> http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/2-11-SketchStarted-td4550864.html
>
> Some of us were relying on that event to detect when the first vertex
> was added to a path or polygon. Eric Lemoine suggested a workaround
> that is okay with callbacks, but not so good with LAYER.events.on().
>
> How about a new event 'firstvertexadded' that does what sketchstarted
> did before 2.11?

If someone can do a pull request introducing a sketchcreated event
type as I described it in the previous thread, I can review it and
merge it into master (or 2.12 branch). The patch would basically
involve (a) replacing the current sketchstarted event by
sketchcreated, and (b) triggering sketchstarted when the first vertex
is added (and (c) adding tests, and making sure they pass in multiple
browsers!).

Thanks.

--
Eric Lemoine