[OpenLayers-Dev] Alternative to Proj4JS

Day, Peter A (EXP) peter.a.day at lmco.com
Tue Mar 27 07:00:39 EDT 2012

I have been part of a team developing a system for a customer which uses Openlayers as its map interface. We use Proj4JS to perform the coordinate conversions.

Because both Openlayers and Proj4JS are Open Source we have to get these approved for use. Openlayers is no problem but unfortunately the corporate lawyers have jumped on Proj4JS as it uses the L-GPL license. I don't pretend to understand the reasons behind this but it means that we cannot use it.

Does anyone know of an alternative Javascript library - either OS or commercial - that we could use to replace Proj4JS?

(What is most annoying is that Proj4 and the Java conversion use MIT licences which would have been acceptable)

Thanks
UkPad