[OpenLayers-Dev] Towards slick panning and animated zooming

Björn Harrtell bjorn.harrtell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 04:54:28 PST 2013

I've tested only with the hosted mobile-wmts-vienna.html example.

The only apparent difference with leaflet I can spot right now is that the
rule .olMapViewport, .olMapViewport * cascades to every element below the
viewport because of the wildcard, in leaflet it seems these properties are
only set on the viewport equivalent dom object. The page you refer to has a
comment that might suggest this can cause problems - "Also try not to mix
“top/left” with “translate()” this can cause some performance issues as
well(in some cases really bad ones)". I haven't been able to verify any of
this yet though, will try to find time to do it asap.

/Björn