[OpenLayers-Dev] add a point layer in OL 2.8

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Nov 25 12:27:35 PST 2013

On 26/11/2013 6:09 a.m., ramy.sehar wrote:
> I am looking to display a point layer in application. I would like to
> display tooltip details once
> hover over the feature. what is the best and quicket way to do it. This
> application is using OL 2.8.
2.8 is seriously old. Got a good reason not to upgrade? I do this with
EITHER a  GetFeature control, using a WFS protocol, hover:true and
propertyNames set to attributes I want, with registered events for
"hoverfeature" and "outfeature";
  OR
a WMSGetFeatureInfo control with hover:true, handler options of
              handlerOptions:{
                 "hover":{
                     delay:800
                 }
             }
and register a handler for"getfeatureinfo" event to show the tooltip. I
am assuming the controls and events are available in 2.8.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.