[OpenLayers-Dev] TMS vector tiles

Luca Morandini lmorandini at ieee.org
Thu Apr 10 19:26:16 PDT 2014

On 09/04/14 17:54, Jack Greenbaum wrote:
> I posted this on openlayers-users about a GeoJSON hack I did in OL2.
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoJSON-tiles-tt5104115.html

Thanks for sharing this Jack: I now realize that vector tile support (TopoJSON or
otherwise) cannot be limited to sub-classing, but impacts different areas of OL2.

I will put your patch to work with our Vector Tile Server, test its handling of
browser's memory, and start figuring out how it could be extended to TopoJSON.

Having said that... is the OL community interested in having vector tile support
-including TopoJSON- added to OL2 ? I know the effort has now shifted to OL3, but
there is a considerable amount of "legacy" code out there.

Regards,

Luca Morandini
Data Architect - AURIN project
Melbourne eResearch Group
Department of Computing and Information Systems
University of Melbourne
Tel. +61 03 903 58 380
Skype: lmorandini