[OpenLayers-Dev] Multiple openlayer protocols

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Wed Aug 13 03:53:03 PDT 2014

El Miércoles, 13 de agosto de 2014 03:28:32 Kalaivanan escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I am pretty new to openlayer, i am using openlayer 2.13 dev version in my
> web application, i have few queries on this.
> 1.What are the protocol supports available in the openlayer API(like
> TMS,WMS,WMS-C and WMTS).
> 2.Is there any other protocol supports available in the openlayer.

Have a look at:

http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.13.1/doc/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Layer/TMS-js.html

See the big list at your left? That's all the layer types that OL2 supports.

Also, keep in mind that 'protocol' has a different meaning than you think in
OpenLayers terminology.

> 3.Does openlayer support "SSTS" protocol, if yes how do we implement that,
> any code sample available for this.

You can browser all the code for all available layers at

https://github.com/openlayers/openlayers/tree/master/lib/OpenLayers/Layer

Cheers,