[OpenLayers-Trac] Re: [OpenLayers] #3262: OpenLayers Event objects in Firefox have unstable 'getPreventDefault' methods.

OpenLayers trac-20090302 at openlayers.org
Tue Apr 26 16:04:08 EDT 2011

#3262: OpenLayers Event objects in Firefox have unstable 'getPreventDefault'
methods.
  Reporter:  mgleahy        |       Owner:
      Type:  feature        |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  Handler.Click  |     Version:  2.10
Resolution:                 |    Keywords:
     State:                 |

Comment(by mgleahy):

 After looking a little closer, it turns out that calling any of the native
 event methods that are copied to the cloned event object will produce the
 same "Illegal operation on WrappedNative prototype object" exception in
 Firefox.  I'm attaching a patch that will remove these on the cloned event
 object, but I'm now wondering if this is really ideal.  Perhaps instead it
 would make more sense to have a function that clones only the desired
 properties of an event for the click handler.  Or...just leave things as-
 is and leave clear notices that say to ignore any native event methods.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/3262#comment:7>
OpenLayers <http://openlayers.org/>