[OpenLayers-Trac] Re: [OpenLayers] #2911: no reason to expect navigator.userAgent changes

OpenLayers trac-20090302 at openlayers.org
Wed Mar 30 09:26:12 EDT 2011

#2911: no reason to expect navigator.userAgent changes
  Reporter:  tschaub  |       Owner:
      Type:  feature  |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  Util     |     Version:  2.10
Resolution:           |    Keywords:
     State:  Review   |
Changes (by vog):

 * cc: vog@… (added)
  * status:  closed => reopened
  * state:  => Review
  * resolution:  fixed =>

 Sorry for reopening this ticket, but I think that some finishing work is
 needed here.

 My first patch fixes a typo (FireFox → Firefox) and ensures that all
 occurrences of getBrowserName() are really replaced with BROWSER_NAME.
 This patch is created against trunk rev 11771, and I checked via "grep -r"
 that getBrowserName() really isn't used by trunk anymore.

 My second patch is to be applied after the first one. It finally removes
 the obsolete getBrowserName() function to ensure that it won't be
 accidently used in future code.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2911#comment:5>
OpenLayers <http://openlayers.org/>
A free AJAX map viewer