[OpenLayers-Trac] Re: [OpenLayers] #3184: IE8 throws an invalid argument exception when Size(10, 'auto') is passed to modifyDOMElement()

OpenLayers trac-20090302 at openlayers.org
Wed Mar 30 18:16:02 EDT 2011

#3184: IE8 throws an invalid argument exception when Size(10, 'auto') is passed to
modifyDOMElement()
------------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  sredl             |       Owner:
     Type:  bug               |      Status:  new
Changes (by erilem):

  * state:  Review => Needs More Work
  * milestone:  2.11 Release => 2.12 Release

Comment:

 * the {{{OpenLayers.Size}}} constructor isn't meant to receive 'auto'
 values currently.
  * a patch should probably specifically deal with zero values:
  {{{
 if(px.x === 0) {
     element.style.left = 0;
 } else (!isNaN(px.x) {
     element.style.left = px.x + "px";
 }
  }}}
  * it looks like we still don't have a CLA from Michal

 I'm bumping this to 2.12. Should anyone care about this please set it back
 to 2.11.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/3184#comment:2>
OpenLayers <http://openlayers.org/>