[OpenLayers-Users] WFS Problems

ihaddad at wtwlevant.com ihaddad at wtwlevant.com
Tue Dec 5 11:51:18 EST 2006

hi guys,
i know i've posted something similar, but i am still having some problems.
i created a table in postgis with (id, name,the_geom) where the_geom is a
geometry column of type Point. then i created a featuretype on geoserver
with that table.
now i am trying to show these features on my map using this...
<!-- part of the code -->
landmarks = new OpenLayers.Layer.WFS( "Landmarks",
                "http://192.168.0.4:7070/geoserver/wfs",
                {typename: "topp:landmarkpoints", maxfeatures: 10},
                { featureClass: OpenLayers.Feature.WFS});

map.addLayer(landmarks);
<!--end of the code -->

yet nothing is displayed!!
i want those features to be displayed as points on my map, i am using wfs
becuase later i want to make a conditional query on that featuretype to
get only part of the features( landmarks) and display them. i am not sure
if i can do that in wms!
one more thing...does openlayers support wfs-t? i saw a very beautifull
example that comes with geoserver (mapbuilder) that uses wfs-t to add
points and lines to the map.
will that be possible one day on openlayers???
thank you.