[OpenLayers-Users] TileCache and KaMaps

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Tue Dec 5 18:29:08 EST 2006

> In 1.2, metaTiling support does exist in TileCache. It's not extremely
> well tested yet.

I tried it out and got results that were a bit off.

See: http://sigma.openplans.org/dev/test.html
vs.
http://sigma.openplans.org/dev/test-meta.html

The second uses metaTile for the tiger layers, the first doesn't,
everything else is the same.  Overlaid on the bluemarble layer, however,
everything in tiger is shifted south, the outlines don't match.  Not
sure if there was something I configured wrong, but all I did was add
metaTile=true.

When testing on its own it seemed to be working, definitely less 'United
States' labels on my page.  So the root concept seems to be working,
which is great news.

I'll also note that right now it seems to be having more blank images.
It's not all pre-cached.  I've actually consistently had problems with
areas that aren't pre-cached, they tend to not wait until the backend
has returned, instead just return the broken images.  It would be great
if I could get it so there's never the broken images, some just take a
lot longer to load.

best regards,

Chris

It also doesn't hook directly into mapscript (and

--
Chris Holmes
The Open Planning Project