[OpenLayers-Users] Reprojection question

Donal donal_regan10 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Tue Dec 5 20:20:09 EST 2006

Hello,
I have a GeoRSS overlay layer and two kaMap raster base layers . The 2 base
layers are in different projections and when I switch between them I can see
that there is a shift. My GeoRss points though remain in the same place. How
can I either prevent the shift between the 2 raster layers or shift the
GeoRss points so that they are in the appropriate projection for each base
layer?
I know I can use the postgis transform function on my point data but one of
the layers is in meters which then leads me ask what is the best way to
convert the meter data into lon/lat for the GeoRss layer?

I don't understand why my mapfile set up doesn't prevent the shift between
the 2 raster layers; does the mapfile snippet below not project all layers
into the 4326 projection?

My map file includes the following

PROJECTION
   "init=epsg:4326"