[OpenLayers-Users] TileCache 1.3
crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Dec 6 07:23:49 EST 2006
TileCache 1.3 has been released.
With this release comes improved metatiling support.
* As Chris Holmes reported, images were being shifted from their
previous position by the size of the metaBuffer. This has been fixed.
* Tim Schaub and Matthew Perry reported problems maintaining
transparency in palletted PNGs. This has been fixed with a patch from
* metaBuffer and metaSize variables were not being properly initialized
from the configuration. Fixed.
* Mapnik performance has been improved by caching the Mapnik Map
object. This means, however, that TileCache requires Mapnik SVN r405
or later to function correctly.
* Integrated an additional fix to Windows for writing tiles which
already exist in the Disk Cache, courtesy of Tim Schaub.
* Added documentation of all layer params to the README.
Thanks to all the users who reported problems and fixes.
With this release, metaTiling support is now complete. TileCache is now
used with metaBuffering on to power the OpenStreetMap map at
http://labs.metacarta.com/osm/ (powered by Mapnik). It is my belief that
metaTiling support is now complete and well-tested, and ready for use in
The new release is available from:
The CHANGELOG for this version of TileCache is at:
Followup to this post should be sent to the mailing list on which you
(As Schuyler might say, <s>maps</s> metaTiles are cool!)
More information about the Users