[OpenLayers-Users] Progressive Images

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Dec 8 16:36:56 EST 2006

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 01:27:50PM -0800, Gary Townsend wrote:
> Another question about migrating from 1.0 to 2.2 version of open layers it
> seems like version 1.0 the images were progressively displayed but my
> testing of 2.0 seems to show that it waits till it fully renders the image
> before it displays it.  Am I just seeing this wrong or is there an actual
> difference.

There is a difference. Because images are now moved around, they are
marked as non-visible until they are completed loading -- otherwise you
temporarily see asia in south america or the like. This is controlled by
the 'delayDisplay' option on the alphaImageDiv, and is part of the
general memory=consumption improvements as part of OpenLayers 2.2.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta