[OpenLayers-Users] KaMap pink tiles

Stuart Eve stuarteve at lparchaeology.com
Wed Dec 13 14:24:19 EST 2006

Hi all

I was having some problems with my KaMap layer producing pink tiles on
occasion - after advice from Christopher and TSchaub on the irc - I came
up with a bit of a hack that seemed to fix the problem. I haven;t really
done anything with JS before so its probably pretty ugly and perhaps
someone may want to clean it up. It basically sets the src of the image
again - if it really is a broken image after two goes it gives up and
makes it pink (although I haven't had that happen). It starts from Line
244 of Util.js

OpenLayers.Util.onImageLoadError = function() {

this.setAttribute('tries',1);

do{

this.setAttribute('src',this.getAttribute('src'));

this.setAttribute('tries',this.getAttribute('tries') + 1);

}while(this.getAttribute('tries') < 2);

if (this.getAttribute('tries') >= 2){

    this.style.backgroundColor = OpenLayers.Util.onImageLoadErrorColor;
    this.style.display = "";

}

};

Hope it helps someone