[OpenLayers-Users] mapserver cgi extents setting

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Dec 21 07:51:23 EST 2006

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 01:04:32PM -0800, TC Haddad wrote:
> hi,
>
> forgive this ignorant question. i can't seem to get onto
> www.openlayers.org to look at the documentation (i get "server not
> found" error ??), so the answer may be easy.

OpenLayers was having DNS problems for the past couple days. We're
working on adding more DNS servers so we aren't at the mercy of one
DNS host, whose attitude towards the failure was distressing. It seems
like things are back to normal at the moment.

> i am trying to set up a mapserver cgi example, but i am finding that
> openlayers is assuming that my data is in decimal degress lat/long, so
> it is appending this to the tile urls:
>
> mapext=-180+-90+0+90&imgext=-180+-90+0+90
>
> where / how can i over-ride this default? i tried pre-adding correct
> (LCC feet) exents to my url:

You probably want to look at the FAQ on Projections:

  http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#Projections

I think this will help you get what you need.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta