[OpenLayers-Users] Handling events

Alan U alan.underwood at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Nov 1 04:39:13 EST 2006

Sorry if you've already received this message before, but I'm having issues
with nabble...

I was wondering (=desperately hoping) that someone might be able to describe
how the event handling is supposed to be used in the openlayers code.
I am trying to write my own control for creating layers and markers and, as
you would expect, it needs to use a lot of event handling. I've looked at
the LayerSwitcher control which sometimes uses Events.register on the map
object and sometimes uses Event.observe and I looked at PanZoomBar which
uses Events.register on both the map object and on some Events objects it
defines itself. I got quite confused.

When is Events.register supposed to be used rather that Event.observe and
vice-versa.

Any guidance?

Alan