[OpenLayers-Users] Fireox Problems

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Nov 16 11:42:15 EST 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 07:46:15AM -0800, ihaddad at wtwlevant.com wrote:

> this javascript section
> " var scripts = document.getElementsByTagName('script');"
> taken from "OpenLayers._getScriptLocation = function () " function
>
> doesn't seem to work correctly in mozilla if u have more than 4 script
> tags in ur page.

Can you point to a situation where this is the case? I've certainly been
able to use it in pages which had more than 4 <script> tags in Firefox
1.5, and though I haven't tried it in 2.0, I can't imagine this is the
problem, though there may be some strange issues I'm not aware of.

If you're having a problem with getScriptLocation, then you can override
that function: after the onload response, just add:

OpenLayers._getScriptLocation = function() {return
"http://example.com/scripts/";} , modifing the URL to return whatever
URL your OpenLayers images and theme directories are included in.

> and by the way why don't we do it relative, instead of absolute path?

I'm not sure I understand the question: can you provide a sample of code
which would work for this that does what you think is the right thing?

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta