[OpenLayers-Users] WFS Proxy Issue

joanne cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 11:27:51 EST 2006

Hi Christopher,

Many thanks for the pointer there! The instructions below have worked up to a point, except that I can only seem to get a response if my proxy.cgi is actually called proxy.py, despite adding the appropriate lines in my apache httpd.conf file to use python for cgi. I ended up following these instructions here:
http://www.python.org/infogami-faq/windows/how-do-i-use-python-for-cgi/

If I now go to http://localhost/cgi-bin/proxy.py I get to the OpenLayers homepage. However, having modified my Map page to set OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "/cgi-bin/proxy.py?url="

I now get an error message that says "Unhandled Request Return Bad Gateway".

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Jo

Joanne Cook BSc MLitt AIFA MBCS