[OpenLayers-Users] Problems setting up TileCache

Ben Brehmer bbrehmer at refractions.net
Tue Nov 21 18:10:17 EST 2006

Hello Everyone,

I have setup a very basic Open Layers application and am now in the
process of setting up TileCache. I have proded and poked my
tilecache.cfg file extensively and still can't get past an error which
has to do with with the "type" attribute for the [cache] section.
Basically when tilecache.cgi is invoked it never gets past parsing the
.cfg file and errors out at the "type=DiskCache" line, saying that the
string requires a character as left operand.

Is there some other configuration issues I should know about when
setting up TileCache?

Error and cfg file details:

tilecache.cfg file:

[cache]
type=DiskCache                                        <-----------Error
base=/home/httpd/cf2/html/tilecache/
[basic]
type=WMSLayer
url=http://office.refractions.net/ms/cgi-bin/mapserv
extension=png

The error I pull out of my error log:

TypeError:
'in <string>' requires character as left operand

Thanks,

Ben