[OpenLayers-Users] Rectangle (box-like) drawing tool?

Mike Quentel mikequentel at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 15:46:36 EDT 2007

Has anyone implemented a rectangle drawing tool?  As in something that draws polygons like the sandbox examples, but restricts mouse movements so that only rectangles are drawn?  I see there is an OpenLayers.Handler.Box class and an OpenLayers.Handler.Polygon class.  I want to have a rectangle drawing tool, so I'm thinking I'd want to inherit from Polygon and/or Box.  Has anyone already implemented such a class?  Would be nice to not "re-invent the wheel".  I searched the API and the Nabble archives (thank you so much for this very useful resource).  Any advice on how to make a rectangle drawing tool appreciated.  Thank you.

Mike Quentel