[OpenLayers-Users] couple of hopefully quick OpenLayers questions

Ed Fialkowski edfialk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 15:27:22 EDT 2007

Hey Bob, thanks for help.

mapExtent should work well for me.

I'm still having issues with transparency though.  I am mostly testing with
firefox and using pngs.

When i tag the layer with transparent: true, it still comes back as mostly
black.  There is also some major problems I'm having with the rendering, my
lines are very...'staticy'.  it's hard to describe, so you can see my
testing page at:

http://niceguy.wustl.edu/openlayers.

Right now only the bottom left map is hooked up.  My border layer is shown
as default.  This is the layer I wish to lay on top of my data layer after
the data is displayed. You can go ahead and hit Submit to see the black,
gritty, overlay of the border layer, which has transparent: true in the map
definition.

If all the black was actually transparent, and the lines were solid lines
instead of whatever is happening now, I would be set.

Any other ideas?
Thanks again!
-Ed