[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers Drawing and Select Feature example

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun Apr 15 20:45:08 EDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 10:05:16AM +1000, Jon Suen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering if the Drawing example for the current release of
> OpenLayers is a live feature? When I navigate to
> http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/select-feature.html the functionality
> is just what I'm after, but when I try to implement this locally it seems to
> break down.
> Am I missing something aside from the usual import of the Javascript
> libraries? Or is this still just a proof-of-concept idea?

This functionality is in the 2.4 release, which is approaching an RC2.
If you use http://openlayers.org/api/2.4-rc1/OpenLayers.js , you get
functionality.

Usually, if there are no bugs (cross your fingers) RC-> release is about
a week. It's my hope that that's where OpenLayers 2.4 is at now.

Otherwise, you can always check out from
http://svn.openlayers.org/trunk/openlayers/

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta