[OpenLayers-Users] openMNND demo

bradleyspencer brad at cubewerx.com.au
Tue Apr 17 23:06:21 EDT 2007

Stephen,

Thanks for that.

I actually have no WFS/WMS server on my webserver. One of my customers has
provided me remote access to their OGC resources so I can concentrate on
apps and demos. After all this is what distributed computing is all about.

So before I try to get WFS working against their server via my application,
I thought I should get openMNND running as an application but accessing the
existing remote WFS data.

So I am told that this is cross domain accessing that will not work via JS
unless the application first goes via a proxy server. So I am trying to set
up a proxy server on my web server that my application will refer to that is
not a JS application.

Does that sound right to you?

So when I loaded the example one it was a Python script which I did not have
installed and know nothing about. I thought that it would be easy to
configure Apache to be a Forward Proxy but am having difficulty there too. I
am an application bloke not a systems bloke so need some help.

Cheers,

Brad Spencer
General Manager
CubeWerx Australia Pty Ltd