[OpenLayers-Users] Problems with svn head

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Apr 19 19:12:59 EDT 2007

Christopher,

Great job! Updated svn and made the change you suggested and it works
great. Thanks. I also think this fixed the memory leak I was seeing.
Memory still grows with navigation but if I kill the browser window and
wait for a little bit the memory will drop back down to a reasonable level.

I have a new problem :( to report. While I am navigating about zooming,
panning, etc. I get random pink tiles. I have been able to determine
that these are caused by what appears to be a truncated image. If I use
FF Tools -> Page Info -> Media and scroll through the images, some of
the tiles have not loaded fully. I can copy the url to another window
and do a Shift-Reload on the tile and new good copy is put in the cache.
Then zoom out - Zoom in will reload the tiles and it will look good.
This is easy to reproduce.

BTW, we are not using tile.php, we have pre-cached all the tiles and use
an apache mod-perl handler to rewrite the url into pass the file back
directly.

This problem seems to happen more often if I do lots of quick zooms and
pans where I don't wait for all the tiles to load before the next pan/zoom.

-Steve