[OpenLayers-Users] Customising Toolbar

Cicconetti, Bob BCicconetti at dnr.state.md.us
Wed Apr 25 12:19:10 EDT 2007

Ah. That looks useful for a general purpose map.

My needs are a trifle more specialized; I have a point shapefile with x,y coords in my current projection; I need to run a query against that, remove invalid points (-1,-1, 0,0, etc), find the min/max x/y, then pan to the center. It looks much easier to do with Mapserver than it was to do in ArcView. The ArcObjects model is a pain.

Looks like I can have a server-side perl mapscript script that will return the coords to my map object.

R C