[OpenLayers-Users] Performance tuning?

Jackey Cheung cheung.jackey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 02:33:57 EDT 2007

Greetings!

I've recently setup a map, but runs slow. Every time I load or refresh the page, IE hangs up around 2 seconds without any response (ie window no response, not just the web page), and worse this is what happen when I've turned all layers off except the base layer. When I turn other wms & wfs layers all on, hangs for more than 10 seconds. why's that? any thing I can do to improve the speed of the map?

fyi. server is running mapserver+tilecache+openlayer, client is running P4 3G with 1G RAM on winxp sp2.