[OpenLayers-Users] ZoomLevel questions WMS & Google

Jennifer Strahan jennifer at greeninfo.org
Fri Jan 12 15:47:02 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm new to OpenLayers and have a question about using two different
base layers (Mapserver WMS and Google).  I'm trying to figure out if
it is possible to use my Mapserver WMS as a baselayer for most zoom
levels, but then automatically switch to Google hybrid when the user
is zoomed in to a given level.  I tried a few experiments and found
that when switching between basemaps, the zoom levels jumped
around.  I read through the SettingZoomLevels document and saw that
3rd party layers have a preset zoom level-to-resolutions list.  This
explains the funny behavior I've seen with my experiments so far.  Is
there a way to set my zoom-level-to-resolutions list for the WMS
layers to match Google's list?

Anyone know of anything else I can do to reach my aim?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Jennifer Strahan
GreenInfo Network - 1996-2006: A Decade of Mapping the Public Interest
116 New Montgomery  Street   Suite 738  San Francisco CA  94105
PH: (415)979-0343 x306    Fax:  415-979-0371     Web:  www.greeninfo.org