[OpenLayers-Users] lower part of tiles does not load in IE

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Wed Jul 4 07:25:39 EDT 2007

Okay, done quite a bit of debugging on this.

My map is 694x464 pixels. Tilesize is 256. Buffer is 1.

Initially, a grid of 6x4 tiles is created. When zooming in to the zoom level
which has this problem, only 6x3 tiles are created (so one of the rows is
removed from the grid).

It can be quickly patched in the _initTiles function:

    _initTiles:function() {

        // work out mininum number of rows and columns; this is the number
of
        // tiles required to cover the viewport plus one for panning
        var viewSize = this.map.getSize();
        var minRows = Math.ceil(viewSize.h/this.tileSize.h) + 1;
        var minCols = Math.ceil(viewSize.w/this.tileSize.w) + 1;

by replacing + 1 with + 2*this.buffer.

Maybe/hopefully :-) someone more knowledgeable of this part of the code can
determine the right fix for this.

Best regards,
Bart

--