[OpenLayers-Users] ProxyHost setup under JBoss + GeoServer

andydale andy.dale at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 01:29:57 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am pretty new to using OpenLayers, and am now running into some issues.

I can use OpenLayers with WMS layers from the GeoServer (war install) with
out any problem.  The issue occurs when trying to use a WFS layer like
below.

   wfs = new OpenLayers.Layer.WFS("WFS fixpoint",
   	"http://172.16.135.144:8080/geoserver/wfs?",
        {typename: "topp:fixpoint" ,maxfeatures: "100"},
        {featureClass: OpenLayers.Feature.WFS} );

This layers in not drawn on the map, but causes no errors.  After seaching
around on the net and forums i have discovered that i must set the
OpenLayers.ProxyHost to get the WFS layer to be displayed, and have seen
many examples such as this:

    OpenLayers.ProxyHost="/proxy/?url=";

The above will not work for me, how can i set the proxy host within JBoss.
The page i am using openlayers on is a .jsp (using jsf), packed inside a
simple .war archive.  Has anybody managed to set up the ProxyHost under
JBoss before ? Is it just a matter of packing something (python script ??)
into my war archive ?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated   .

Cheers,

Andy