[OpenLayers-Users] Why does my WMS layer become unavailable when using some basemaps?

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Sat Jul 7 19:21:37 EDT 2007

Hi, all. I've slogged through a fair amount of getting our map hammered
into shape. And here it is:
    http://www.lynxmaps.com/openlayersdemo/
I have two issues, which I'll ask about in separate threads.

Note that there are several base layers to choose from, and a single WMS
layer overlaid. Why is it that the WMS layer is only available when the
basemap is another WMS layer (NAIP and LANDSAT), and greyed out when
it's a commercial provider?

I don't seem to recall this always happening, but it's definitely
consistent now. Any ideas why this is happening?

(I swear, I'm not this lame when it's good old Mapserver apps! :)

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA