[OpenLayers-Users] ctrl-z behaviour while editing linestring

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Jul 10 13:01:44 EDT 2007

Hi all,
while the editing of a feature is not yet available in 2.4 (by the way:
any roadmap available for editing an excisting feature?), I thought it
would be nice to have some 'undo' functionality. So while somebody is
drawing a (sometimes rather large) linestring and does ctrl-Z or
something like that, I want to grab the current linestring being edited,
remove the last added point and draw the (one point shorter) linestring
again.

I thought this would be easy, but it isn't (  for me :-( ).
The Vector layer doesn't have the feature/geometry in it's hands while
you are drawing it, and the point-callback get's a 'Point' as argument
(instead of the Linestring?).
Have been looking into the source of the DrawFeature control and Path
Handler, but couldn't find a hook.

Somebody an idea for implementing this?

TIA

Richard Duivenvoorde