[OpenLayers-Users] Does OpenLayers support orientation of points?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Jul 11 11:30:11 EDT 2007

Erik,

I can think of a few use cases that would fit OpenLayers for this feature:

1) photo with direction of camera indicated as Tom mentioned.
2) GPS tracking, showing a vehicle symbol with the orientation of the
symbol aligned to the direction of travel
3) animating a car driving over a route and keeping it oriented to the road
4) Showing symbols for wind force and direction, these need to be
oriented with the direction of the wind and might be served via WFS.
Currently there are some mapserver users doing this in mapserver, but
they might want a more interactive model to work with.

These are just few that come to mind off the top of my head, I'm sure
there are others, so don't discount this feature too fast.

-Steve W.