[OpenLayers-Users] Want to change the Unit

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 10:55:19 EDT 2007

Hi

On 7/13/07, pforprasad <prasad.choudhary at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am new to OL exprimenting with it for some project, I want to show scale
> on map and need to change the units for map, will some one help me to
> understand properties like resolutions, scale and BoundingBox if i change
> the scale to 'ft' or 'mt'

Currently, there's no control for OL to show the current scale. You'll
have to write your own and use map.getScale() to actually access the
current scale value. To change unit you need to pass options to the
map constructor :

var map = new OpenLayers.Map($('map'), { units: 'm' });

Hope this helps...

--
Eric