[OpenLayers-Users] xmlhttprequest with IE7

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun Jul 15 09:11:50 EDT 2007

On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 05:43:46PM +0800, Yang Zhaohui wrote:
> Hello dear sir,
>    I have a problem to ask you. I find in IE7(Internet Explorer 7) the Ajax xmlhttprequest cannot run correctly.It can receive
> responseXML,but it has wrong in the "fc_node =  getElements(xmlhttp.responseXML,"wfs","FeatureCollection")[0];". I guess the IE7 is not support the "node.getElementsByTagName(tag_name);". Did you test it? Thank you for your help all the time!

Yang:

That particular code appears to be from MapBuilder, rather than from
OpenLayers. Can you confirm that?

I don't have enough experience with that particular chunk of code to
recognize what 'getElements' is doing -- in general, OpenLayers has a
wrapper function:

OpenLayers.Ajax.getElementsByTagNameNS(data, this.gmlns, "gml",
                                       this.featureName);

which works on IE.

If you can share the code you're having problems with, that would be
helpful.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta