[OpenLayers-Users] Question on using Google Maps API on top of OpenLayers

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Jul 18 08:58:16 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 08:17:11AM +0200, Dr. Franz-Josef Behr wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Christopher Schmidt wrote:
>
> > One of the features I beileve you mentioned wanting was the ability to
> > have popup automatically slide into view. Great, in theory. Except that
>
> What's about calling a small function which recenters the map before
> poping up the popup?

This is functionality which we plan to add to OpenLayers in the
relatively near future. I'm hopeful I'll get time to write it for 2.5,
but I think it may not go in until 2.6.

There are some difficulties -- for example, if it's a WFS layer, moving
the map by a few pixels in any direction may end up redrawing the WFS
layer -- but I'm hopeful we can create a solution for the simple cases,
at least.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta