[OpenLayers-Users] [OpenLayers-Dev] Information/Advice about placing markers

Burgholzer,Robert rwburgholzer at deq.virginia.gov
Thu Jul 19 09:19:20 EDT 2007

Brad,

In the examples folder you will find "markersTextLayer.html" which does
90% of what you want. It loads information for your markers from a text
file (with a custom icon for each if you like) and displays a popup with
information relevant to that marker (also loaded from the text file).
It does not, to my knowledge, do so on just a mouse-over, the user has
to click on the icon, but I imagine that wouldn't be too difficult to
finesse.  There has been considerable traffic recently regarding having
scrollbars in these popups as well, so if that is a need, you can do it
too.

Good luck,

r.b.

var newl = new OpenLayers.Layer.Text( "text", {location:
"./wateruse.txt"} );

            map.addLayer(newl);