[OpenLayers-Users] OverviewMap - bad coords?

Jeff Dege jdege at korterra.com
Wed Jul 25 14:51:05 EDT 2007

I'm trying to add the OverviewMap control to a map built with KaMap
layers.

I'm using OL version 2.4.

The example - examples\overviewmap.html - works perfectly.

Mine doesn't work at all.

When the OverviewMap control requests tiles from KaMap, the tiles are
generated correctly - or at least they seem to.  The directory structure
looks fine, and the generated GIF files look fine.

But the tiles that are actually being requested don't correspond to any
of the tiles that were generated.

The URL of the tile that was requested:

http://localhost:8080/servicearealookup/tile.php?map=mississippi&g=all&i
=gif&t=-768&l=-1536&s=19686393

Top is -768, left is -1536, scale is 19686393.

In the KaMap cache, there is a directory for scale 19686393, and in that
a subdirectory for group "all", and for layer "def".

And in that, there is a subdirectory t-1200l-2400.  In that, there are
36 GIF files, all of them blank except one, t-600l-1600.gif, which
contains the image that should be being drawn in the overview map at
this scale.  (Zoomed out all the way.)

Now I seem to remember having had a similar problem with KaMap on the
main map, because the default tile size in OpenLayers was 256x256 and in
KaMap was 200x200.  Which I fixed by setting the tilesize option to the
OpenLayers.Map constructor.  So I passed a tilesize option to the
OverviewMap constructor, and it made no difference.

Has anyone had any experience with the OverviewMap on KaMap layers?