[OpenLayers-Users] WMS getFeatureInfo output format

TJ Maciak maciaktj at gvsu.edu
Fri Jul 27 14:56:53 EDT 2007

I ran into this problem too... make sure you have this in your .map file

METADATA
'wms_feature_info_mime_type' "text/html"
END

along with your other wms_title etc. etc.

TJ

>>> "David Fawcett" <david.fawcett at gmail.com> 07/27/07 2:52 PM >>>
I am building a simple app following the getFeatureInfo example with the CIA
FactBook.

When I query a feature, I get the error: msWMSFeatureInfo(): WMS server
error. Unsupported INFO_FORMAT value (text/html).

I am using MapServer  as the WMS server.  I am assuming that I need to add
some metadata  entry to set the output  format for getFeatureInfo requests.

Any suggestions?

Does anyone have any examples where they style the query output more?

Thanks,

David.