[OpenLayers-Users] controlling number of off-edge tiles that loads

Barry Hunter barry at barryhunter.co.uk
Sun Jul 29 15:18:11 EDT 2007

This is almost certainly a very simple question, and I sure I saw something
mentioning this somewhere, but darned if can find it now...

Anyway I have created a custom layer, which is based on the WMS layer - it
all works great and displays fine. However many more tiles than are needed
are fetched,  this is understandable its 'precaching' tiles so that the user
can drag in any direction quickly.

For example only 24 tiles are needed to fill the whole screen (including
part tiles) - however 52 tiles are retrieved, this is a bit overkill, I
would be happy with the user having to wait a bit rather than download that
many tiles unneeded. I guess there is simple setting to adjust this?

Many thanks,

Barry

P.S. Cant show the map yet, needs to get approval from above first. But as
soon as it available will post it :)

--
Barry

- www.nearby.org.uk - www.geograph.org.uk -