[OpenLayers-Users] ZoomToMaxExtent Control

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Jun 1 21:41:28 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 03:30:03PM -0600, Scott Davis wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Congrats on the 2.4 release.
>
> As I'm digging into the API, it appears that the ZoomToMaxExtent
> control is broken as shipped. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) It
> seems to be missing the click handler and the associated CSS to get
> it to appear. I did the following to get it working. Am I on the
> right track?

The ZoomToMaxExtent control is actually designed to be added to a
Control.Panel object, as is demonstrated in:

http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/panel.html

In this case, the CSS, initialize, clicking behavior, etc. are all set
up by the Control.Panel.

I think this should solve any use case I can think of: if it doesn't,
I'd like to know about it. I assume that this is just a lack of
documentation. (For the record, you can remove the rest of the controls
from the panel and just get the zoomToMaxExtent control.

Does this help you?

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta