[OpenLayers-Users] ZoomToMaxExtent Control

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Jun 2 11:41:55 EDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 07:59:14AM -0600, Scott Davis wrote:
> So, (warning: gross generalization ahead) should all controls go in a
> Panel?

This is the documentation problem I mentioned: The answer is no, but the
way you figure that out is, uh.... knowing! :)

The ones which are meant to be used in a Panel:
 * DrawFeature
 * SelectFeature
 * ZoomBox
 * ZoomToMaxExtent

Other controls do work work: Essentially, most of the things which
make panels work are in the base class, so just about any control can be
a panel control if it wants. For example, you could have a toolbar to
switch between Editing Mode and Dragging Mode, with two panel items --
one for NavToolbar, one for EditingToolbar -- though I've not seen that
used yet.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta