[OpenLayers-Users] Design advice please

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Wed Jun 6 16:50:11 EDT 2007

I would definitely not go with a pure WFS solution for such a large
dataset since I think that would be considerably slow.

For my case I went with a combined WMS and WFS combination where I load
the WMS and when the user clicks on the the map just query WFS for that
portion.

Here is an example
http://www.cityofboston.gov/dnd/M_Property_Inventory_Intro_Page.asp
<blocked::http://www.cityofboston.gov/dnd/M_Property_Inventory_Intro_Pag
e.asp>

Click the interactive map link.  I'm not sure if that's the best way to
go, but seemed to provide the best speed of all techniques I had tried.
I hadn't tried the WMS getinfo, but didn't like that solution since the
get info format is too limiting.

Hope that helps,
Regina